none
Questions for Generating SAP RFC client RRS feed

• Question

• 1) After a RFCClient is generated, if the RFC code has changed.  Is there anyway that I can refresh the existing client to pick up the new changes? or I have to re-generate the code from scratch?

2) If I have a web application project or a web site project, and I need to connect to more than one SAP host.  What is the best way to handle this situation?  I notice if I try to generate more than one client, it will have a class conflict as every time the "Add Adapter Service Reference" will generate the RFc client in the same name space.

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:42 PM

Answers

• For point 2 you are right you have to change the generated code. You can just change the namespace of the schema for CRM and keep standard one for R3.

For solution, try to modularize the solution i.e. try to keep the peices of code in different projects but under one solution.

• Marked as answer by GZLuo Friday, March 26, 2010 3:18 AM
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:53 AM

All replies

• 1. If RFC code has changed but not the input and output parameters then no code change at biztalk. Else you have to generate the schema again and there on.

2. If you are connecting more than one SAP host then as RFC are mostly standardized across SAP. You can use the same RFC for any host. That is it should be host independent.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 4:24 PM
  • 1) too bad it can not just refresh those with input/output parameter changed.

2) the problem is if I need to call different RFCs form two different host, say some from R3 and some from CRM.  I have to create two RFC clients at design time.  But then both clients will have the same generated "rfc" interface unless I change the generated code.

BTW what is the best practice to organize a solution?  e.g. the solution will contain a web application project (or web site project) then a class library project for each host I need to connect to?

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 6:46 PM
  • For point 2 you are right you have to change the generated code. You can just change the namespace of the schema for CRM and keep standard one for R3.

For solution, try to modularize the solution i.e. try to keep the peices of code in different projects but under one solution.

• Marked as answer by GZLuo Friday, March 26, 2010 3:18 AM
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:53 AM