none
MSMQ and WebSphere MQ message integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have refered below link.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2637732/msmq-and-websphere-mq-message-integration

I am trying to send and receive messages to WebSphere MQ using MSMQ Adapter.

I have installed and configure the Host Integration Server in order to use  MSMQ-MQSeries Bridge.

but I am unable to get how to do that as its new for me.

please help.

Thanks.

Monday, June 29, 2015 1:18 PM

Answers

• Referring from this thread: Send and receive messages to IBM Websphere MQ using MSMQ adpater in biztalk

Please explain a bit about what exactly you need to do, business and technical.

Reminder, you cannot use any MSMQ client to connect to any WMQ server. That is not an option and cannot work.

The answer to you question is to use the BizTalk Adapter for WebSphere MQ.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, July 8, 2015 5:23 AM
    Monday, June 29, 2015 3:17 PM
  • BizTalk server comes with 2 different set of adapters to talk to MQ.

The default MQSeries adapter which gets installed as part of the normal BizTalk installation and
    the second one MQSC adapter that comes as part of the “BizTalk Adapters for Host System” package.

The major difference between the two is the first one can only be used for MQ hosted on windows environment, whereas the second one is used to talk to MQ hosted on windows/non-windows environment.
    The MQSC adapter is also called as client based adapter because its dependant on IBM MQ’s client API’s.

You dont need IBM Websphere MQ client installed on Biztalk Server for MQseries adapter but it is required for MQSC adapter. You must also refer to: Connecting BizTalk to a WebSphere MQ Server

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Monday, June 29, 2015 4:29 PM

All replies

• Referring from this thread: Send and receive messages to IBM Websphere MQ using MSMQ adpater in biztalk

Please explain a bit about what exactly you need to do, business and technical.

Reminder, you cannot use any MSMQ client to connect to any WMQ server. That is not an option and cannot work.

The answer to you question is to use the BizTalk Adapter for WebSphere MQ.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, July 8, 2015 5:23 AM
    Monday, June 29, 2015 3:17 PM
  • BizTalk server comes with 2 different set of adapters to talk to MQ.

The default MQSeries adapter which gets installed as part of the normal BizTalk installation and
    the second one MQSC adapter that comes as part of the “BizTalk Adapters for Host System” package.

The major difference between the two is the first one can only be used for MQ hosted on windows environment, whereas the second one is used to talk to MQ hosted on windows/non-windows environment.
    The MQSC adapter is also called as client based adapter because its dependant on IBM MQ’s client API’s.

You dont need IBM Websphere MQ client installed on Biztalk Server for MQseries adapter but it is required for MQSC adapter. You must also refer to: Connecting BizTalk to a WebSphere MQ Server

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Monday, June 29, 2015 4:29 PM