USB and Rear Facing Camera RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to open up the USB panel on the tablet. Does it have a functional USB port?

Also, I can get the front facing camera working, but the Win8 MSDN sample for the rear camera does not. Any ideas?

Microsoft MVP, ASPInsider
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can use windows live movie maker to test the rear camera functionality. There's an option to switch what camera you are using.  I tried it and it works fine.  Regarding your usb problem, I am guessing you are a toddler and I'm sorry to say, it does require an adult to open computer ports...  Just kidding, hehehe.  The usb plug is not latched at all, you just have to be brave to pull it out. hahaha. You can use anything that would fit the plug's hole to hook it out. hahaha Gaylord😄😄😄 
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 10:06 PM
  • There is a USB port on the top left hand side of the tablet.
    There is also a USB port on the docking station.

Download the Samsung Quick-Start Guide from the following location for diagrams and information.
    It is listed under How to Guide.
    http://www.samsung.com/global/buildpc/index.html

You can also download a NFC Troubleshooting Guide and the Release notes on the Samsung Slate Tablet.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn
    Friday, October 21, 2011 12:59 AM
  • I can only help you with the USB Port on the top left of the tablet. It is a working port, but they have a little plastic plug in it, probably to keep junk out unless you actually need it. Put will need to stick a small screw driver in the slot and pop it out.

Darren
    Friday, October 21, 2011 1:18 AM