none
Error when configuring SSRS for SQL2017 through WMI

Question

• I am experiencing few issues when programmatically configuring SSRS for SQL 2017, through WMI. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1. The GenerateDatabaseCreationScript WMI method returns a sql script but the script doesn’t execute as no report server Dbs get created. There are no errors on log file either.
    1. To get past Issue # 1, I tried manually executing the script on database, which executes successfully. However, two other WMI methods fail (as part of the our SSRS Configuration process):
      1. BackupEncryptionKey
        • When executing this method with Powershell, the error message returned is:

{The feature: "The Database Engine instance you selected is not valid for this edition of Reporting Services. The Database Engine does

report data sources or the report server database." is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services. (rsOperationNotSupported)}

1. DeleteEncryptedInformation
        • When executing this method with Powershell, the error message returned is:

{An error occurred within the report server database.  This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk con

(rsReportServerDatabaseError), The procedure "DeleteEncryptedContent" has no parameter named "@ConfigNamesToDelete".}

• When investigating this, I noticed this stored procedure in database does not have this parameter.
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:28 PM

All replies