Docx and XLSX files are being quarantined despite no mailflow or attachment blacklist on them RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm having Docx and xlsx items getting flagged for quarantine despite having no mailflow or attachment blacklist on those items. I have submitted the items to MS through the security and compliance center, but any insight into the issue would be appreciated.

Thank you kindly!

Wednesday, October 14, 2020 1:48 PM

All replies

• To be clear, we know WHY the objects are being quarantined, to an extent. It's due to an attachment type mailflow rule. But these attachment types aren't in the list.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2020 1:55 PM
  • To be clear, we know WHY the objects are being quarantined, to an extent. It's due to an attachment type mailflow rule. But these attachment types aren't in the list.

Hi Ninjanomics,

Does this issue occur to EACH mail with Docx or xlsx attachments?
    Do you mean you do have an attachment type mail flow rule configured, but docx and xlsx type are not in the list? If this describes your situation, would you please share a screenshot to show how your mail flow rule was created for further investigation? As this is a public forum, just remember to remove any personal information such as domain name or email address before posting.

By the way, please be aware that actually this forum is intended for developing issues about Exchange only, and isn't monitored for Exchange general questions. The previous TechNet forums for Exchange have been migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A. It is highly recommended to register the Microsoft Q&A Platform and create new thread there to continue the discussion or for new questions related to Exchange server. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 15, 2020 4:19 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Yes, that's correct. There's a mailflow rule to block certain attachment types, but doc and xls are not in the list.

Annoyingly I can't post screens or links just yet because I'm not verified on this account.

I'll try the MS Q&A you recommended.

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 12:56 PM
  • Hi Yuki!

I dropped into the Microsoft Q&A to ask the question there.

Thanks for the advice!

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 1:17 PM
  • Hi Yuki!

I dropped into the Microsoft Q&A to ask the question there.

Thanks for the advice!

You're welcome :) Hopefully you can get this issue resolved soon! 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 21, 2020 1:29 AM