none
How can I register any dll file on remote machine by WMI call? RRS feed

• Question

• Respected Sir/Madam,

I am developing such an application in ASP.Net (using C#.Net) which copy a dll file on remote machine and register it. Currently I am using “Create” method of “\\root\\cimv2:Win32_Process” WMI call which runs “regsvr32.exe” command on remote machine. By this I am able to register the file but I am not able to get the Exit Code of the regsvr32.exe command to know whether registration was successful or not. “ReturnValue” property of “output” of “Create” method returns 0 for failure or success of registration.

Please let me know if I can register dll file directly by any WMI call without using regsvr32.exe or any other solution.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:12 AM

All replies

• You should ask this in a forum where there are more folks dealing with WMI.. (and no sorry, I don't know which one would be best,  but I'd try a C# forum since that's the language you are using)    when it comes to doing things like remote WMI calls, the fact a system is a VM is basically not or any importance..  from the network perspective you pretty much can't tell it from a physical system, and it's going to react the same way as a physical system would.

For issues actually related to virtualization however, you should be using the TechNet forum instead of this one.

As of 8/22/2008 this forum is de-comissioned, and there's pretty much nobody minding this particular MSDN forum..  all the virtualization support is over in the technet forum

http://forums.technet.microsoft.com/en-US/winserverhyperv/threads/

(note the pinned message at the top of the forum that they are de-commissioning these on the 22nd  )

Further discussion of this issue should be moved to the technet virtulization forum.

Monday, November 3, 2008 9:55 PM