Will I be able to use these features using only one virtual machine / VM that is only located in one region? RRS feed

• Question

• User-381422590 posted

Good day to All.

My company is currently looking to the cloud and azure is one of the choices. I'm still learning the ropes , but basically is that ,

Will I be able to use the following features if I'm only going to use one (1) virtual machine (open 24 hours) that is only located in one region (due to company restrictions)?

• Load Balancers (any Load Balancers in azure)
    • Traffic Manager
    • Application Gateway (I think this is also a load balancer)

Any help or links to related articles , Will be highly appreciated.

Thank you to all.

Sunday, August 26, 2018 10:04 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

It is not possible to load balance one VM.  You need at least two to balance the load.

Sunday, August 26, 2018 10:50 AM
  • User-381422590 posted

It is not possible to load balance one VM.  You need at least two to balance the load.

Thank you for this.

In traffic manager , I can only use that (or receive benefits from it) if I'm going to use different azure regions? Is that correct?

Also how about for Azure Application Gateway for this scenario?

Thank you mgebhard.

Sunday, August 26, 2018 11:23 AM
  • User283571144 posted

Hi KeepLearning,

In traffic manager , I can only use that (or receive benefits from it) if I'm going to use different azure regions? Is that correct?

Also how about for Azure Application Gateway for this scenario?

In my opinion, if you want to achieve load balance for your azure VM, you should use 2 vm at least.

No matter using traffic manager or r Azure Application Gateway or load balancer, it will redirect the user to the different machine.

If you only conains one machine, you could only redirect all the request to one machine.

Best Regards,

Brando

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 7:51 AM
  • User-381422590 posted

Hi Brando,

Thank you for this , that is straight to the point. I will keep this in mind.

I will wait for a few more replies (if there are any) before marking as an answer.

Best Regards,

Keep Learning

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9:09 PM