none
Cannot inspect the automatically created ASP.NET MVC database in Visual Studio 2015

Question

• I've created an asp.net mvc web application following the wizards provided by visual studio, and I have chosen "Individual User Accounts" as authentication method, so vs has already set all that is needed to perform user registration and login. All work perfecly when launching the application, and I can register an user and then login with it's credentials.

Now I want to look at what is contained in the MSSQL Server db that has been created by visual studio, so I go to "SQL Server Object Explorer" -> SQLServer -> "(local)/MSSQLServer (SQL Server 13.0.1601 - my_user)" -> Database -> my_application, but at that point I cannot proceed because it say that the login is failed. my_user is present in Security -> Accesses.

So I want to know what I have to do in order to perform the login.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 7:36 PM

All replies

• Hi dvaosta,

I could access my MVC application's database from SQL Server Object Explorer successfully in my Visual Studio 2015 Update 3. And I don't have Security -> Accesses option in my database.

Please try run your Visual Studio as administrator to make sure it has enough permissions to do any operations.

And then please try login your Windows with another account to check whether this issue related to your current Windows user. If another Windows account could access the data base, the issue should be related to your current user.

In addition, please share the detailed login failed information here, it is benefit to us to check what causes this issue. And you also could check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio. If there doesn't have any error message about login failed in ActiveLog.xml file, please check the Windows Event Viewer, whether there has any useful information collected.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:52 AM