News App

Question

• Does the News app work for anyone? It always just stalls on "Loading..." for me. I know its a Developer Preview but I am only curious if anyone has managed to get it working or if I should just uninstall it.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:36 PM

All replies

• Hello SDowner,

The News app is working successfully for me.
    Highlight one of the News apps and then click Done.  I was able to get out on the internet and get the News feed.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:00 PM
  • Hello SDowner,

The News app is working successfully for me.
    Highlight one of the News apps and then click Done.  I was able to get out on the internet and get the News feed.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Well the thing is, I cannot even load it. This has happened on multiple installations of Windows Developer Preview. Whenever I load it up after selecting even just one news feed (always a different one) it just hangs, and whenever I go to launch it in the future it just says "Loading..." at the top of a grey screen.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:03 PM
  • Same problem here.  It works on other systems and not this one system.  How do you reset the app or clear the data it's using?  Is it in the registry somewhere?
    Friday, September 16, 2011 12:54 AM
  • I had the same problem - I narrowed down the problem to the LIVE login (for pc-user login and sync). I tried fiddling with the sync settings, but to no avail - I've switched to a Local Account, and now the news/rss app works fine.

Switch back to a Local Account - and the news app will start working fine.
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:51 PM