none
Visual Studio 2015 crashing on review of test results

Question

• After running a single webtest file I attempted to look at the 'Request' and 'Response' details. VS immediately crashed when I selected the request tab. This also happens when attempting to look at a test log following a load test. I tried again in safe mode and yet the same issue. How do I resolve this?
    Monday, November 7, 2016 9:17 PM

All replies

• Hi HM.QA.HC,

According to your description, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot your issue:

1). Please update the VS to the latest version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3 (click Tools->Extensions and Updates-> Updates->update option beginning with “KB” letters).

2). Please create a new web test project in your VS2015, and run it to observe whether has the same issue, if yes, this reason is related to VS, I suggest you could to the following command line just like the safe mode to observe whether has the same issue:

devenv.exe /InstallVSTemplates

devenv.exe /ResetSettings

devenv.exe /ResetAddin

devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs

3). If above steps do not work for you, please repair your VS (Control panel-> programs and features-> right-click Microsoft Visual Studio 2015-> change->Repair).

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 2:39 AM
  • Hi Oscar and thank you for your response. I have attempted the suggested steps up to and including a full 'clean' uninstall and reinstall of the software. Still, nothing has changed.
    Tuesday, November 8, 2016 4:56 PM
  • Hi HM.QA.HC,

Please view the all logs of applications in our machine. Please refer to the following steps:

Click Start->Right-click This PC->More->Manage->System Tools->Event Viewer->double-click Application

Then all logs of applications are displayed in list box. Please view whether has logs of Visual Studio after it crashed.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 1:43 AM