none
[VS2015] After Update 2 Object Browser includes private/empty namespaces

Question

• I recently installed the VS2015 Update 2 and have noticed that the object browser now includes empty namespaces as shown below

It also includes third party obfuscated namespaces

This makes the object browser quite messy especially when having to scroll through lots of unnecessary namespaces when trying to understand a DLL's structure. I also use the object browser regularly during development to check that no unnecessary classes have been accidentally made public. Now I have to click on each namespace to check which is a pain.

Is there any way to exclude them? I could not find an option.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi sogunde,

According to your description, I compare my Visual Studio 2015 with and without Update 2. The problem only exist on the version which installed Update 2.

And I try find all settings in Visual Studio and the settings for Object Browser, there doesn't have such settings for this issue.

I suggest you submit this issue to Visual Studio Connect and then share the feedback link here. I will vote and add comments for your feedback and it also benefit to other communities who has the same problem. I think the report team experts will treat this issue seriously.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 22, 2016 6:17 AM
  • As suggested, issue has raised on Visual Studio Connect as https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/2619709
    Friday, April 22, 2016 12:18 PM
  • Hi sogunde,

Thanks for your feedback link and I have vote it.

Please mark your feedback link as answer which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem. And I will close this thread later. Please waiting for the response from the report team experts patiently.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 25, 2016 1:52 AM