vista Rc1 and button driver RRS feed

• Question

• dear All,

i try to build a button driver for Windows Vista.

the driver installed well.

the button icon shown on the tabletPC of control panel.

the SAS key work fine but the other key doesn't work.

some body can provide the registry file for the button driver with the window vista.

Saturday, December 2, 2006 3:37 AM

Answers

• Hi:

I asked the product team about this and here is what they said:

There are button samples in the WinXP DDK.

Button drivers are unchanged for Vista, so their XP drivers should be fine.  

Button registry settings have been expanded in Vista to support press & hold for buttons, but their XP settings should still  work.

Hope this helps,
     - Mark Hopkins (MSFT)

Thursday, December 7, 2006 9:38 PM

All replies

• Hello:

Do you work for an OEM? Are you trying to develop button drivers for Winvows Vista for a particular Tablet PC?

Thanks,

- Mark Hopkins (MSFT)

Tuesday, December 5, 2006 9:17 PM
  • thanks for your reply for this issue.

we have some webpad products which designed by ourself.

those products have some buttons on the machine which is designed similar like the tabletPC. it can ship with windows XP and XP embedded. we test this webpad and button driver under the Windows XP tabletPC edition. it work fine.

that is reason why we need to provide a button driver for our customer.

Those buttons are controlled by a micro controller VIA the SMBUS interface. An interrupt will generate when the button is press or release.

I appreciate if you can provide the some smaple code of driver, registry data and INF file.

Wednesday, December 6, 2006 1:21 AM
  • Hi:

I asked the product team about this and here is what they said:

There are button samples in the WinXP DDK.

Button drivers are unchanged for Vista, so their XP drivers should be fine.  

Button registry settings have been expanded in Vista to support press & hold for buttons, but their XP settings should still  work.

Hope this helps,
     - Mark Hopkins (MSFT)

Thursday, December 7, 2006 9:38 PM
  • i check the windows DDK 2600 and WDK 6000. but i can found the sample code for button.

BTW i found the new item named "extendedbutton" in the Windows vista registry for the button.

could you provide the docment for me. thanks,

Friday, December 8, 2006 2:32 AM
  • Hi:

The sample code is in DDK 2600, under /src/wdm/hid/tablet, but I don’t see examples of the registry entries in these. The ExtendedButtonActions registry entry is not configurable by OEMs, so there is no documentation for this.

It sounds like you really need the info in the OPK doc. In order to get this you need to sign up as an OEM. You can do that here: http://www.microsoft.com/oem/default.mspx

Thanks,

- Mark Hopkins (MSFT)

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 9:14 PM