none
Word addin suddenly makes Word 2013 close slowly? RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know what happen - if it's the large Office 2013 update Microsoft released a couple of days ago.

But I have a Word addin - I haven't changed the addin in ages - just suddenly all clients and my own developer Pc messes up Word. When we try to close Word now, it takes like 10 seconds for word to close. If I disable my addin, Word closes instantly.

Any idea why my addin suddently makes word close slowly?

Thx
    Friday, May 16, 2014 5:43 PM

All replies

• Did you try to log each action in the add-in and find a problematic property or method call?

Friday, May 16, 2014 6:04 PM
  • I'm not entirely sure about what you mean by "log each action"?

I tried removing all methods in startup, all files I added, all reference I made ... so it aught to be back to basic, but the problem is still there.

Friday, May 16, 2014 6:09 PM
  • Log each action means writing each property and method call into the log which you can analyze later and find the problematic area.

Are you able to reproduce the issue with a newly created empty add-in project?

Friday, May 16, 2014 8:03 PM
  • Ah ok.

Yes - if I delete my addin from Word, Word closes instantly. Now I created an empty Word addin and with that empty addin, Word now is 5-10 seconds to close.

Strange.

Friday, May 16, 2014 8:53 PM
  • Do you have any other add-ins installed and registered in Word? Or just an empty one?

Is the Certificate Revocation setting enabled on the problematic PC?

Saturday, May 17, 2014 6:07 AM