Crystal Report Error RRS feed

• Question

• User-347731084 posted

Hai all,

Crystal report show an error after publishing

5/22/2013 4:47:28 PM Report Viewer Page Load :-CrystalDecisions.Shared.CrystalReportsException: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack.
    at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)
    at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)
    at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()
    at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)
    at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)
    at Peppers_Head_Office_App.ReportViewer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Applications\Peppers Application\SVN Peppers\Peppers_Head_Office_App\Peppers_Head_Office_App\ReportViewer.aspx.cs:line 52

pls help me

thank u

syam

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:32 AM

Answers

• User1196771204 posted

hi sa.syam,

Based on the error message you experience, it is caused by the fact that you did not properly setup your Crystal Report. Please follow the guidelines below:

1. Please make sure the Crystal Report installed on the server matches the one you use on your code 
    2. Please make sure the Crystal Report assemblies installed on the server matches the assemblies used on your code
    3. The application pool of your site must be set to operate under LOCAL SERVICE permission
    4. The same permission must be added on your operating folder
    5. The CrystalReportViewer must be copied to your folder

If you follow the above guidelines, I guarantee your CR will load just fine. Should you need to host your report, you can contact asphostcentral.com

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:27 PM
  • User-347731084 posted

thank u necro_mancer

i got crystal report  i forgot to add some dll files. Now i add that files now its work and i go through ur guideline thank u

DLL's are

crviewer.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer.dll

CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner.dll

CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll

log4net.dll

thank u

syam

Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:43 AM

All replies

• User1196771204 posted

hi sa.syam,

Based on the error message you experience, it is caused by the fact that you did not properly setup your Crystal Report. Please follow the guidelines below:

1. Please make sure the Crystal Report installed on the server matches the one you use on your code 
    2. Please make sure the Crystal Report assemblies installed on the server matches the assemblies used on your code
    3. The application pool of your site must be set to operate under LOCAL SERVICE permission
    4. The same permission must be added on your operating folder
    5. The CrystalReportViewer must be copied to your folder

If you follow the above guidelines, I guarantee your CR will load just fine. Should you need to host your report, you can contact asphostcentral.com

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps 

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:27 PM
  • User-347731084 posted

thank u necro_mancer

i got crystal report  i forgot to add some dll files. Now i add that files now its work and i go through ur guideline thank u

DLL's are

crviewer.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.dll

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer.dll

CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner.dll

CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll

log4net.dll

thank u

syam

Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:43 AM