none
upgrading to .net framework 3.5 from .net framework 2.0 to support visual studio 2008 on windows server 2003 enterprise edition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our company is planning an upgrade to visual studio 2008 from visual studio 2005 and I believe we need to install .net framework 3.5 service pack 1 for that. Can someone please post the upgrade install instructions of .net framework 3.5 over our current version 2.0 ?

The read me file found on msdn is extremely confusing.

Thanks,
    Sid
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Siddhans,

You can download the
    .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) and then run this EXE file to install it. .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 includes .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2. It will upgrade your current version 2.0 and install other components.

If you have any issue during the installation, you can post the problem here. I'm willing to help you to solve it.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, April 1, 2009 5:08 AM
    Friday, March 27, 2009 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Siddhans,

You can download the
    .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) and then run this EXE file to install it. .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 includes .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2. It will upgrade your current version 2.0 and install other components.

If you have any issue during the installation, you can post the problem here. I'm willing to help you to solve it.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, April 1, 2009 5:08 AM
    Friday, March 27, 2009 7:39 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for the reply. Do I need to register something in Global Assembly Cache and IIS 6.0 ? after the install? or everything will be taken care of automatically?

Sunday, March 29, 2009 11:35 PM
  • Hi Siddhans,

Here is a useful document that can help you to get a clearer conception of .NET Framework.
    Overview of the .NET Framework
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a4t23ktk.aspx
    Everything will be taken automatically during the installation.

Thanks

Monday, March 30, 2009 4:02 AM