none
How to open Ms Word Document on Client Machine which was created on server and edit document and Save document back to Server in C# RRS feed

• Question

• how to open Ms Word Document on  Client Machine which was created on server and edit document and  Save document back to Server in C#
    Saturday, March 9, 2019 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hello,

My guess is you have written code already and have issues, if so provide details and code is need be, otherwise all I can say is there may be permission issues and/or issues with the file currently "in use" when attempting to save but that is going off lack of details.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Saturday, March 9, 2019 11:43 AM
  • The easiest way is to host your Word files on WEBDAV enabled IIS site(including SharePoint sites), then allow users to open the file with URL in the format as the following:

ms-word:ofe|u|http://example.com/myTestDocument.docx

A simple "A" tag will do. No special coding is required. However requires Office 2010 SP2 or above be installed.

If you have Office 2013 or above users, also be aware about this.

Monday, March 11, 2019 3:26 AM
    Answerer