Version 2010 - tabbed page control RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know of an issue with using the tab control pages in version 2010?  I added a tab control to one of my forms in 2010, set the multi-row property to yes, and then started inserting pages.  Instead of wrapping the tabs to the second page, my control grows to accommodate the tab in the first row.  This is definitely not the behavior that I want.  I tested this feature in 2003 and was able to create multiple rows of tabs. Even with the multi-row property set to no in 2003, the control does not grow; instead it uses scroll arrows to get to pages that didn’t fit within one row.

Why doesn't 2010 work like that?  What property do I need to set to keep the width from growing in order to force tabs to a second row when I add a new tabbed page?  I have 10 tabs and don't want to fill the entire screen with tabs and have virtually blank pages because they are too wide.  I want two rows of 5 tabs each and I don't want to fill the screen.

I posted a similar question over the week ed at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/accessdev/thread/016e1af5-62df-4c15-87d6-f07d2634ebad but haven’t received any responses yet.

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into small, manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one" - Mark Twain

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Please mark/unmark posts if they answered/unanswered your question as these are helpful to other users of this forum. ~ SuzyQ (aka Terry S.)

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:13 PM

Answers

• -suzyq wrote:

Does anyone know of an issue with using the tab control pages in
    version 2010? I added a tab control to one of my forms in 2010, set
    the multi-row property to yes, and then started inserting pages.
    Instead of wrapping the tabs to the second page, my control grows to
    accommodate the tab in the first row.

You have to set the property "Use Theme" of the tab control to No.
    Then it has the ugly old design but behaves like in previous versions,
    i.e. doesn't grow automatically, adds rows etc.

cu
    Karl
    Access-FAQ (German/Italian): http://www.donkarl.com

• Marked as answer by -suzyQ Wednesday, December 22, 2010 2:04 AM
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:36 PM