none
Attempting to Create Word 2013 Document or Template with VS 2013 Pro. 'Project Cannot Be Created' error RRS feed

• Question

• While attempting to create a Word 2013 Template or a Word 2013 Document using Visual Studio 2013 professional, a dialog box appears saying Visual Studio is waiting for an operation to complete. It politely informs me that if I regularly encounter this delay during 'normal usage' that I should contact Microsoft and convey some 'details'.  Eventually, I merely get a 'Project Cannot Be Created' box. I suppose that the only detail of interest I have to report is that I selected the box for Creating a New Document rather than the one for using an existing Document. Yes, the Normal.dotm (or whatever it is called these days) is there. By the way,  'Tools' does not appear in the ribbon in Word. Do I need to have a developer version of Word (mine is Home and Student 2013) in order to write the code in VS 2013?

Tallisfan

• Edited by Tallisfan Monday, October 27, 2014 3:04 AM
    Monday, October 27, 2014 3:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Tallisfan,

Office Home & Student 2013 edition doesn't support macros, add-ins and ActiveX controls. If you want to use VS 2013 Office templates, you need to install other full version. I recommend that you install Professional edition.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 7:27 AM