none
How can a user see all of their upcoming tasks? RRS feed

• Question

• Currently our users can click on Tasks in the quick launch to go to their Tasks page and see all tasks assigned to them. Ideally, I'd make a view for it that filters it to tasks for the current week. However the Tasks feature is apparently being phased out next month. What can we do in lieu of this? Looking at the Tasks page in each project site is not feasible as each of our users may be involved in over a dozen projects at once. Is there a better tool available? (The perfect tool would also be able to email the user with a reminder of what their tasks for the week are)
    Monday, August 10, 2015 7:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Eric,

Have you though avbout training users to use the resource assignments page from the resource center? This gives a detailed view (which can be a Gantt chart or a timephased view) of his assignments. You can also create other views in addition to the default summary view. You might have to tweak a little bit the permissions so team members can access the resource center and see the resource assignments views.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 7:18 AM
  • It's less elegant than the Tasks page, but that will have to do for now I suppose. Unfortunately there is no option to sync to Outlook, or send alerts. I hope Microsoft is replacing the Sync to Outlook feature with something similar, seeing as it was a really useful feature that we were hoping to use. It is difficult now to communicate to the user updates on their projects. (Upcoming tasks, deadlines, schedule changes, document uploads/changes, etc.)
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:27 PM