Details Modal Picker Value RRS feed

• Question

• How can the selection of the details modal picker be used to show or hide a control.

I have the code to do this with the drop down control but not with the modal picker. 

Basically, I have a linked table and when the value is "Other" I'd like to show a text box.  But if any value other than "other" is selected the text box should be hidden.

Thanks for any help, again I know how to do this for the drop down control.

Sunday, October 19, 2014 4:20 AM

All replies

• In selected changed invent, you can have a series of lines like this:

VB:

Me.FindControl("YourControlName").IsVisible = false

C#:

this.FindControl("YourControlName").IsVisible = false;

Software Engineer | Silverlight Developer | mark as answer if it helped

Monday, October 20, 2014 10:01 AM
  • Thanks for you response.  I have the code to hide and show the TEXT BOX control, but what I need is the code for the VALUE of the modal drop down.

I'd like to hide and show the TEXT BOX based upon the value of the modal drop down, when a user selects "other" from the modal dropdown. 

Again thanks for your help!

Monday, October 20, 2014 2:05 PM
  • But in Lightswitch HtmlClient Application we can call the change event with the help of addChangeListener function.

for more,you can see this: http://harshgupta71.blogspot.com/2013/12/get-value-according-to-select-drop-down.html

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:29 AM
  • Thanks for your response.  You are correct about the AddChnageListener function, and I do have that working for a drop down control, very similar to the example that you shared.  What I need to do is the same thing but with a modal control.  I have a look up table.  When a user selects the vale of "other" from the lookup table using the modal control, if the value is "other" I'd like to have a text box set to .isVisible = true.  I'm using the AddChangeListener but I'am have difficulty finding the value of the modal lookup control.

Again thanks and any assistance would be great appreciated.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:13 PM
  • Hi Dave

This topic is well covered under the following thread.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/5588ef9d-de2c-4e57-8d65-23c432e0c4d9/vsls-2013-html-client-controls-firing-updates-to-other-controls?forum=lightswitch#a0ed8afb-e1cc-46eb-a2ae-7f85d584a090

Again, my thanks to Josh Booker for his excellent and well-explained response.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, October 28, 2014 6:49 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Dave8511 Tuesday, October 28, 2014 12:20 PM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:22 PM