none
[E2007][EWSMA][VB.Net] How do I set the TimeZone for the Managed API Function GetUserAvailability RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the EWS managed API in VB.Net

Dim availabilityResults As GetUserAvailabilityResults = exch.GetUserAvailability(attendees, New TimeWindow(DateTime.Now, DateTime.Now.AddDays(2)), AvailabilityData.FreeBusyAndSuggestions, availabilityOptions)

I have seen sample C# code using the Exchange Web Services Proxy Classes    

GetUserAvailabilityRequestType request = new GetUserAvailabilityRequestType();

// Set the time zone of the request.
        request.TimeZone = new SerializableTimeZone();
        request.TimeZone.Bias = 60;
        request.TimeZone.StandardTime = new SerializableTimeZoneTime();
        request.TimeZone.StandardTime.Bias = 0;
        request.TimeZone.StandardTime.DayOfWeek = DayOfWeekType.Sunday.ToString();
        request.TimeZone.StandardTime.DayOrder = 1;
        request.TimeZone.StandardTime.Month = 11;
        request.TimeZone.StandardTime.Time = "02:00:00";
        request.TimeZone.DaylightTime = new SerializableTimeZoneTime();
        request.TimeZone.DaylightTime.Bias = -60;
        request.TimeZone.DaylightTime.DayOfWeek = DayOfWeekType.Sunday.ToString();
        request.TimeZone.DaylightTime.DayOrder = 2;
        request.TimeZone.DaylightTime.Month = 3;
        request.TimeZone.DaylightTime.Time = "02:00:00";

// Send the request and get the response.
            GetUserAvailabilityResponseType response = esb.GetUserAvailability(request);

The GetUserAvailability function for the EWS Managed API does not use the GetUserAvailabilityRequestType so I have not been able to work out how to set the timezone.

Is it possible to set the timezone for the GetUserAvailability function of the EWS Managed API ?

If not what timezone are the StartTime and EndTime properties returned as? UTC?

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:04 PM