Migrating Silverlight web app solution from VS2008 to VS2010 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Silverlight 3 web app solution that I wrote using VS2008.  My current dev environment is VS2010 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit).  I need to make enhancements to the web app, but when I try to load the solution in VS2010, I get a message telling me that I need to install the latest Silverlight developer runtime in order to load a Silverlight project.  When I try to load the SL3 developer runtime, I'm told that I can't install it on a 64 bit OS.  I need to continue to target the .NET 3.5 framework. 

Is this possible, or do I need to setup a 32 bit development environment in order to work on my Silverlight apps? 

Thanks.

EVal

Thursday, October 14, 2010 12:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Eval,

what's your version of Silverlight?

Try to download the last Silverlight developer runtime and install it,  maybe it will fix your problem.

Regards

Monday, October 18, 2010 6:32 AM
  • Try to create a new silverlight project in visual studio 2010. If you are successful then you have the latest silverlight tools installed.

Since your project is already developed in VS2008 the Silverlight toolkit will be Version 3.  Its better to migrate the project to latest version.

Monday, October 18, 2010 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Eval,

what's your version of Silverlight?

Try to download the last Silverlight developer runtime and install it,  maybe it will fix your problem.

Regards

Monday, October 18, 2010 6:32 AM
  • Try to create a new silverlight project in visual studio 2010. If you are successful then you have the latest silverlight tools installed.

Since your project is already developed in VS2008 the Silverlight toolkit will be Version 3.  Its better to migrate the project to latest version.

Monday, October 18, 2010 6:55 AM