none
Probem in booting ebox 3300 RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am having problem in booting the ebox with WinCE7.

when i hit the attach device button in vs2008 it downloads the image and then shows the last communication time in the transport option. but then it just hangs up and the boot remains unfinished.

in the reports i received the following:

(Corecon) Download initiated...
    (Corecon) Waiting to begin download...
    (Corecon) Download complete.
          0 PID:0 TID:2  RAM reported to kernel 3072MB
         86 PID:400002 TID:5c0002 WARNING: COM1: has been reserved exclusively for Debug Messages.
        186 PID:400002 TID:ba0006 PCIbus!PCIEnum: WARNING: Resource request for device 0:8:0 failed

Can anyone help me out getting rid of this problem and boot my ebox with wince7.

With regards

Anubhav

• Moved by Olivier Bloch Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:13 PM Relevance (From:Windows Embedded Compact Managed Application Development)
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:33 PM

All replies

• This forum is dedication to Managed Application development (C#/VB .NET) for Windows CE devices that are already booting okay.  If you post your question in Windows Embedded Compact Platform Development you will find people that are using Platform Builder to develop Windows CE for devices.  Those people are better at working out this kind of problem.
    Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    • Proposed as answer by Michael Koster Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:03 PM
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:43 PM
  • hi,

I am having problem in booting the ebox with WinCE7.

when i hit the attach device button in vs2008 it downloads the image and then shows the last communication time in the transport option. but then it just hangs up and the boot remains unfinished.

in the reports i received the following:

(Corecon) Download initiated...
    (Corecon) Waiting to begin download...
          0 PID:0 TID:2  RAM reported to kernel 3072MB
         86 PID:400002 TID:5c0002 WARNING: COM1: has been reserved exclusively for Debug Messages.
        186 PID:400002 TID:ba0006 PCIbus!PCIEnum: WARNING: Resource request for device 0:8:0 failed

Can anyone help me out getting rid of this problem and boot my ebox with wince7.

With regards

Anubhav

• Merged by Olivier Bloch Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:18 PM Same question
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:01 PM
  • I moved this thread to the appropriate forum.

I would recommend that you build a debug version of your image and see what the debug messages say. It seems like you have some driver/hardware failuer.

Olivier

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:14 PM
  • hi Olivier,

Thanks for your reply. But i am using a HP laptop as the development work station which does not have a com port. In this case how can i view the debug messages from ebox???

Also you said that there is a possiblity of hardware or driver failure. In this case can you tell me the  possible way to recover this failure???

And yes, last time when my device booted using the pre configured windows embedded ce6 image on the local hard disk of ebox. Then out of a stupid mistake i copied and overwrote the NK.bin file and other files of the wince6 with the wince7 NK.bin file and other files manually.Yhis problem actually arose after this act of mine.

Besides that i also tried to boot my ebox with the USB pen drive but i can not find the required DOS files. Can you guide me a full method on how i can boot my ebox with a USB stick.

Regards

Beowolf

Sunday, October 17, 2010 6:58 AM
  • hi,

i have successfully prepared my bootable pen drive. It is now showing the new DOS window of DOS 6.22 instead of  previous windows 98.

but to make it to do so i had to format the d: drive of my ebox.

Now i have a problem that when i power up my ebox it shows the message of

"Non System disk or disk error

Replace and press any key to continue "

but when i press a key without replacing the disk, it shows the  DOS 6.22 window. where when i select the first option of loading the image from local storage it although does some loading but it never shows up the final screen of the wice.

Can you plz help me with this.

regards

Beowolf

Sunday, October 17, 2010 9:29 AM
  • hi,

i have prepared the file containing the debug messages when i boot my ebox here . I think there is some driver problem as what i can understand by reading a last few debug messages.

now i am not sure what to do next.

Plz someone help me out.

Regards

Beowolf
    Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:33 PM
  • The debug message looks pretty normal.
    The last 2 error messages you indicated is actually an expected failure so it won't load drivers that already used for debugging (COM1 and KITL).
    Since the system stopped at very early booting phase, I suspect it is a typical hive-based registry or root fs mounting failure.
    Make sure you have RAM based filesys enable and use it as root and registry hive. Verify if PRJ_BOOTDEVICE_ATAPI and PRJ_ENABLE_FSMOUNTASROOT are unset.
    Monday, October 18, 2010 9:11 PM