none
Troubleshooting - copying random information from one sheet to another without being prompted to do so RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning;

I created a worksheet with a cover letter. Some of the information added to the cover letter (such as work order # and/or part serial #) is appearing in the other sheets without being prompted. By prompted I mean there are certain areas on the top of the other sheets that such information is been requested to appear as a copy of a specific cell from the cover letter, i.e. (=E5), and obviously those are ok because I am asking it to do so but there are some areas in the body of the sheet where this information is "popping" into.

I delete it. Save it and then next time I open the file and input the information it does it again. Not sure what's going on.

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you provide your Excel file via cloud storage, such as Dropbox, OneDrive, etc?
    Or insert screenshots related to your issue. 
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:48 PM
  • Hello,

Do you mean you would get an alert from Excel when you access some certain areas when copying? If so, please use Application.DisplayAlerts Property (Excel) to suppress prompts and alert messages.

If i misunderstand, i suggest you share us code or detail steps to reproduce your issue

or you could share a sample file or screenshots here tp clarify your current and expected result. You could upload files into OneDrive and paste the url here if your account dont have permission to paste screenshots.

Regards.

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:58 AM