none
accessing wsdl web service in vb.net 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if anyone knows how to access a web service in vb.net 2010? Im trying to figure out how but the interface has changed since vb.net 2005 and 2008 and i havent found any updated web service sample code. Anyone got a simple web service code sample somewhere i can look at to see how its done in vb.net 2010?
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Anyone have a simple currency converter app or code that uses a web service in vb.net 2010 so i can see how the code differs from vb 2008?

P.S. have searched google and forums hi and low and tryed to find any code that is updated to vb 2010 and tryed some code myself but failed.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:46 AM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:44 AM
  • No because it is implemented in the WCF service (in fact that is mainly the (SOAP) webservice)

Very deep information with all kind of links including to the WCF forum (if it are not really VB related questions) on this page

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa663324.aspx

Success
    Cor
    • Marked as answer by The Thinker Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:07 PM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:48 AM
  • Even though the video is in vb 2008 in the wcf link above the interface does look similar to 2010 so never mind it was 2005 code then i was looking at. It looks like most of the service code is automatically written for you if you are creating the client application.

Thanks Cor even though not a direct link i found the answer i was looking for.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:07 PM