Green screen for IE in Dev preview 32bit

Question

• I install the Windows Developer Preview on a 32bit machine and unable to access IE via Metro apps or the desktop link. If I use the app page I first get the white screen with an address bar at the bottom, once I type in any address it takes me to a green screen (background of the app screen). If I opening from the link within the desktop, it starts to load then states "Internet Explorer has stopped working". With no solutions I have tried reinstalling but no help. Also how are we suppose to access the tools from the 64-bit file system on the 32bit machine.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 3:09 AM

All replies

• Did you install anything that cause this problem?

When this problem start to happen?

Did you install any add-on in IE?

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:58 AM
  • Verify the following to see if it makes a difference in Metro apps.  

1)    Your screen resolution needs to be at least 1024x768 for Metro Apps to work.

2)    Next, If you have turned off User Account Control, your Metro apps will not work.
    You can check if UAC is enabled here: Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings

3)    Try using a Local account instead of a Windows Live ID account.

Marilyn
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:47 PM
  • Hi!

I have the same problem with you but it has not solved yet. Look my case at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/e90ee64e-ccfd-4a4c-864a-2740f0f92bef/

Jannen Siahaan - Indonesia
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:28 PM
  • If you have already checked to the options I have mentioned, then try refreshing Windows Developer Preview to see if the same problem occurs. Here is what will happen when you refresh your PC:

• Your files and personalization settings won't change.
    • Your PC settings will be restored to their defaults.
    • Apps from Windows Store will be kept. All other apps will be removed.

To perform a refresh:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Click Control Panel
    • Click General in the left column
    • Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started

Then follow the directions that will be provided on the screen. If you are prompted to insert your installation media you will need to insert the DVD or USB drive that you used to install Windows Developer Preview.

Let us know if this will help.

Marilyn
    Friday, November 25, 2011 3:01 AM