none
ResolveEventArgs.Name fails to have strong named assembly version and public key token RRS feed

• Question

• AssemblyResolve handler's ResolveEventArgs.Name property shows assembly name without version number as well as public key token though the assembly in question is strong named. Has anybody experienced this issue before?
    • Moved by Helen Zhou Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:21 AM (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:50 PM

All replies

• Could you please provide some contextual information on your issue?

As stated, it does not appear to involve .NET Framework installation or setup, but I may well be wrong.

Is this an issue associated with an application you are developing? If so what is the project type and programming language involved?

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:36 AM
  • Hi ylikhite,

What assembly are you getting with the ResolveEventArgs.Name property? And what is your version of .NET? Since
    Name is the assembly name before policy is applied, and "Beginning with the .NET Framework 4, the ResolveEventHandler event is raised for all assemblies, including resource assemblies. In earlier versions, the event was not raised for resource assemblies. If the operating system is localized, the handler might be called multiple times: once for each culture in the fallback chain."

For more information, please check ResolveEventArgs.Name Property and AppDomain.AssemblyResolve Event.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Helen Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:58 AM
  • We are using .Net framework 4.0 & I am stumbling upon Sofa.Themes assembly (Sofa is the framework available from Codeplex). Yes I do get the event raised for all the assemblies including resource assemblies though except Sofa.Themes.dll the event argument gives correct full names for all the strong named assemblies involved in my WPF application.

Kindly let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks,

Yatin

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:05 AM
  • Hi ylikhite,

This question has few relation of the installation of .NET Framework, I'm moving it to  Common Language Runtime to make it get better support.

Sincerely,

Helen Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:19 AM
  • Hi,

One more thing to mention here is that the assembly for which the ResolveEventArgs.Name property is not giving full name correctly contains only xaml files which are nothing but having <ResourceDictionary>...</ResourceDictionary> specified within them. Has it anything to do with the problem?

Regards,

Yatin

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:00 AM