Create Resource file from javascript code in C# project

Question

• I am developing an app in which I need to add some functionality but for C# there is no library available. So I want to create resource file in Javascript and use it in Windows Phone 8.1 C# project. At most I could find 

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/4088a7/reading-winrt-component-embedded-resource-file-in-javascript/

this link and I want to do it's inverse. Is there a way for this? Can somebody provide any documentation link or something useful?

Monday, April 13, 2015 11:52 AM

Answers

• It is not possible to directly run JavaScript in a C# project. You cannot write a Windows Runtime Component with JavaScript.

Depending on what you're doing with the JavaScript you may be able to host it in a WebView in your C# app.

• Marked as answer by RohitrkKUmar Tuesday, April 21, 2015 7:36 AM
    Saturday, April 18, 2015 12:12 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Can you explain more specifically what you are trying to do? What functionality are you looking for?

What exactly do you mean by a resource file here?

An app cannot change or add the files in its install folder at runtime.

Monday, April 13, 2015 2:45 PM
    Owner
  • I have some code written in javascript which I want to use in project in C#. As in example it uses functions written in C# in a project written in javascript I just want to reverse the process for my use.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 7:46 AM
  • It is not possible to directly run JavaScript in a C# project. You cannot write a Windows Runtime Component with JavaScript.

Depending on what you're doing with the JavaScript you may be able to host it in a WebView in your C# app.

• Marked as answer by RohitrkKUmar Tuesday, April 21, 2015 7:36 AM
    Saturday, April 18, 2015 12:12 AM
    Owner