Cloud Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of publishing a power pivot to the cloud. I am having a formula error. My first issue is the timeline was entered on the power pivot. Can cloud support a timeline in the power pivot.

Sandy

Friday, May 12, 2017 6:51 PM

Answers

• Hi sdangelo,

You publish your power pivot to the cloud. Which online item did you use, OneDrive, sharepoint or other things? As I tested, I create a timeline slicer on local computer, and upload it to OneDrive, the timeline are still there, but it does not work. 

For what I know, you can use Power BI desktop tool, you can create timeline and publish it to Power Bi service, it works fine.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by sdangelo Tuesday, May 16, 2017 7:43 PM
    Monday, May 15, 2017 3:21 AM

All replies

• Hi sdangelo,

You publish your power pivot to the cloud. Which online item did you use, OneDrive, sharepoint or other things? As I tested, I create a timeline slicer on local computer, and upload it to OneDrive, the timeline are still there, but it does not work. 

For what I know, you can use Power BI desktop tool, you can create timeline and publish it to Power Bi service, it works fine.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by sdangelo Tuesday, May 16, 2017 7:43 PM
    Monday, May 15, 2017 3:21 AM
  • I was able to use the timeline in the power pivot. Does the timeline work with slicers?

Sandy

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 7:44 PM