connecting C# in VS 2008 to SQL server management studio RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing an application on Win mobile 5.0 emulator. I need SQL server 2005 for database storage and hence i am using SQL server management studio. I want to connect a smart device project in C# to SQL server 2005.

I have done the following steps-

1. In SQL server management studio, i have selected server type as SQL server mobile and have entered a path for database file and then pressed connect. I have created one table under the database
    2. I have connected the emulator with the active sink .I have then transfered this database to Win mobile 5.0 emulator and have placed it under Program Files in the emulator.
    3. In VS 2008 under data source configuration wizard i have created a new connection.Then add connection window appears. Now i am not sure which data source to select.

What will be the connection string in order to access the database on Win mobile 5.0 emulator?

Please help me with this. I am a novice in application development on Win mobile platform. Please help me with the detail steps to connect the SQL mobile database to C# smart device project. Also let me if i have followed the proper steps.

Thanks in advance.
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:59 PM

Answers

• Please go through the details in this msdn link

Regards,
    Navin Narayan
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Wednesday, March 18, 2009 2:28 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:15 PM

All replies