none
Could not locate source code for Channel 9 Session by Joe Giardino

Answers

• I do apologize for the late posting of the samples, They are now available at http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Windows-Azure-Storage-675fe55b.  Additionally, I went back and updated the code to reference the current RTM bits available on NuGet. Please be sure to use package restore in nuget as I did not include the storage client or odata dependencies in order to keep the file size manageable.

There are a total of 9 different samples detailed below

• TechEd13.Storage.Blobs.BlobReadSize -> This sample illustrates how a user can tune the Blob read size See ~29:50 in presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Blobs.NonSeekableStream -> This sample illustrates the impact of using seekable vs non-seekable streams when uploading blobs via the storage client library. See ~28:48 in presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Blobs.Parallelism -> This sample allows the user to experiment with different access patterns when storing blobs with configurable Concurrency. This experiment will first run by uploading blobs individually while uploading blocks in parallel, and then execute the same scenario by uploading N blobs simultaneously each using only one parallel block upload. See ~25:34 in the presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Blobs.RoundtripLatency -> This sample will round trip blobs of a given size and collect latency statistics for upload and download operations. See ~27:10 in the presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Blobs.Throughput -> This is a general purpose Blob Throughput example that allows the user to configure, BlobSize, BlockSize, Parallelism, Concurrency, Async or Sync, and Seekable or non-Seekable source streams. This sample can be used to benchmark various access patterns against the storage service. 
    • TechEd13.Storage.Blobs.Debugging -> This sample illustrates how to configure client side logging and how to use Storage Analytics in conjunction with client side logging to diagnose client application issues. See ~56:00 in the presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Queues.MultiQueue -> This sample illustrates how to construct a simple round robin queue that will utilize N number of sub-queues allowing for a single queue. See ~52:00 in the presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Tables.BatchSize -> This experiment allows clients to benchmark latencies for various batch sizes when inserting entities into Azure Tables. This sample allow s users to configure batch size, number of concurrent workers, insert mode, payload size and timeout. See ~37:40 in the presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Tables.CoolFeatures -> This sample illustrates various client side improvements in the client library including the new IQueryable implementation, the ability to serialize 3rd parth objects, simplified projection, Dynamic type safe query construction, EntityAdapter, and compiled serializers.  See ~40:10 in the presentation below.

Associated Presentation: (Tech-ed 13)  "Getting the Most out of Windows Azure Storage".

• Marked as answer by Isakavis Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:45 AM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:37 PM

All replies

• Are you sure he post the code sample to internet?

As my experience all Micorsoft code sample should be find in code gallary

code.msdn.microsoft.com

If you can't find, may be he didn't publish it.

Please mark post as answered if it helped!

Sunday, October 27, 2013 11:51 AM
  • Hi Isakavis,

I cannot get it as well. Base on my experience, the EntityAdapter class is written by Author (see the following screenshot that was in autor's session), and if the Author didn’t post the code sample to internet, just as yuan said, I think it is hard to get it, you may get help from github or use twitter or fb to ask for it. No better way to get it.

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 28, 2013 8:19 AM
  • I do apologize for the late posting of the samples, They are now available at http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Windows-Azure-Storage-675fe55b.  Additionally, I went back and updated the code to reference the current RTM bits available on NuGet. Please be sure to use package restore in nuget as I did not include the storage client or odata dependencies in order to keep the file size manageable.

There are a total of 9 different samples detailed below

• TechEd13.Storage.Blobs.BlobReadSize -> This sample illustrates how a user can tune the Blob read size See ~29:50 in presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Blobs.NonSeekableStream -> This sample illustrates the impact of using seekable vs non-seekable streams when uploading blobs via the storage client library. See ~28:48 in presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Blobs.Parallelism -> This sample allows the user to experiment with different access patterns when storing blobs with configurable Concurrency. This experiment will first run by uploading blobs individually while uploading blocks in parallel, and then execute the same scenario by uploading N blobs simultaneously each using only one parallel block upload. See ~25:34 in the presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Blobs.RoundtripLatency -> This sample will round trip blobs of a given size and collect latency statistics for upload and download operations. See ~27:10 in the presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Blobs.Throughput -> This is a general purpose Blob Throughput example that allows the user to configure, BlobSize, BlockSize, Parallelism, Concurrency, Async or Sync, and Seekable or non-Seekable source streams. This sample can be used to benchmark various access patterns against the storage service. 
    • TechEd13.Storage.Blobs.Debugging -> This sample illustrates how to configure client side logging and how to use Storage Analytics in conjunction with client side logging to diagnose client application issues. See ~56:00 in the presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Queues.MultiQueue -> This sample illustrates how to construct a simple round robin queue that will utilize N number of sub-queues allowing for a single queue. See ~52:00 in the presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Tables.BatchSize -> This experiment allows clients to benchmark latencies for various batch sizes when inserting entities into Azure Tables. This sample allow s users to configure batch size, number of concurrent workers, insert mode, payload size and timeout. See ~37:40 in the presentation below.
    • TechEd13.Storage.Tables.CoolFeatures -> This sample illustrates various client side improvements in the client library including the new IQueryable implementation, the ability to serialize 3rd parth objects, simplified projection, Dynamic type safe query construction, EntityAdapter, and compiled serializers.  See ~40:10 in the presentation below.

Associated Presentation: (Tech-ed 13)  "Getting the Most out of Windows Azure Storage".

• Marked as answer by Isakavis Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:45 AM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:37 PM
  • Yay! Thanks Joe. I have been hunting for the samples all over the web :)

But there is a little problem. The link does not work when you click because it has an extra "."

I took the liberty to re provide the link

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Windows-Azure-Storage-675fe55b

Thanks again,

• Edited by Isakavis Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:53 AM
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:45 AM
  • Hi,

@Joe Giardino Thank you for sharing us the sample code.

@Isakavis Thank you for editing the link.

It will be very beneficial for other community members.

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:11 AM