none
Windows Photo Viewer command line Multiple Images RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

For a Excel VBA Project I am trying to open multiple image files and it seems like I have to fall back to making and running a command line argument. The way I wish to open the files in such a way that only the selected image files are opened.

For example, if one goes to windows explorer in Win 7 and opens a single image file, one can use the arrow keys to navigate all images in that directory.

If one instead selects a subset of these photos and opens them, the left and right arrows will only navigate the selected images in that directory.  This is the behavior I wish to emulate.

So Far I have found the following:

rundll32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer\PhotoViewer.dll", ImageView_Fullscreen H:\P1.jpg & H:\P2.jpg

but this opens two instances of windows photo viewer.  In this example I would want one instance of the application to open where the left and right arrows would only navigate those two images.

Could anyone help me out with this? or point me to the docs for running PhotoViewer from command line?

PS I have no idea which would be the corrent forum to ask this question as well.

Friday, April 12, 2019 5:22 PM