none
Playing Video on direct draw surface RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

In my project i needed to support two separate screens primary(LVDS) and Secondary(HDMI) on i.MX6 based WEC7 platform.

I am successfully able to modify the existing display driver to support LVDS and HDMI at the same time, on LVDS WEC7 desktop is getting displayed and on the HDMI using direct draw application; i am able to display image/text.

Now, i need to play video on the secondary screen for which i am trying to modify sample application "PlayWnd" to run on secondary screen. 

I found that in "PlayWnd" App "IVideoWindow" interface is used for creating the video window; i would like to know whether "IDirectDrawVideo" interface can be used for playing video on secondary surface.

I am not much into application development, guidance in developing the secondary screen video player application is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Somashekar

Friday, April 10, 2015 9:49 AM

Answers

• We were able to play video on the Secondary screen(DirectDraw) surface, but it was low resolution and we didn't continue further.

-Somashekar

• Marked as answer by Somashekar-J Monday, November 2, 2015 5:06 AM
    Monday, November 2, 2015 5:05 AM

All replies

• How did you created the primary and secondary surfaces can you explain with reference to the change you did.

And what did you modified in the BSP ?

Because if you have done the things correctly then you need not have to modify the application to make it work where in your display driver should take care.

--- Misbah 

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Monday, April 13, 2015 7:12 AM
  • Hi Misbah,

The primary surface is a default LVDS panel, where the secondary panel is a HDMI linked with secondary frame buffer.

I am able to access the secondary surface through direct draw application, where i could display an image on the HDMI panel.

I am trying to find out which video rendering interface should be used for playing video on direct draw surface.

-Somashekar

Monday, April 13, 2015 10:40 AM
  • We were able to play video on the Secondary screen(DirectDraw) surface, but it was low resolution and we didn't continue further.

-Somashekar

• Marked as answer by Somashekar-J Monday, November 2, 2015 5:06 AM
    Monday, November 2, 2015 5:05 AM