change Id key value RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to change the Id key data value?, example I want to set different Id value for AddNew in EntitySet.
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:01 AM

All replies

• I assume you are using the Intrinsic database and you are referring to changing the PK field. The answer is that you cannot change that as it will automatically be allocated by the database as an auto increment (identity) field.

We obviously don't understand you specific scenario, but if you want to display it and make it more user friendly, so it starts from say 100001 instead of 1, then you can possibly create a separate calculated field where the value is calculated as ID + 100000 and display that calculated field instead.

Hope this helps

Regards, Xander

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:31 PM
  • Yes indeed the built in database, I did some further reading about it and it seems its not allowed to change id value, even if I set id to be different in server side. I have different tables and their relationship to each other I wanted to export the data from both tables incase I loose again the development data and then I could easily import the data using the original id values.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:58 AM