Combination with Matlab ? RRS feed

• Question

•  Any guys have the experience to combine MRDS with Matlab ?
     I found some guy has combined Matlab with C#.
     However, with MRDS is tough
    mrds_july
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 7:35 AM

Answers

• Hi:
         I try to make a com wrapper on the c# dll , after add a strong name to the dll.  I can use some functions of Matlab.
         It is very hopeful for academic study , the problem is the process speed.
         BTW, use S function to call into the MRDS environment is very interesting .
        THX
    mrds_july
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 11:47 AM

All replies

• Does any guy have any idea to connect Matlab robot toolbox with MRDS????

mrds_july
    Friday, December 26, 2008 9:05 AM
  • (Forgive the errors as I am not our resident Matlab expert)

We have looked into it briefly but have not had a chance to try it yet.  Basically we figured there were 2 ways to do this. Call a Matlab unmanaged DLL to initalize and step through its operation or use S functions to call into the MRDS environment. Our current plan is to use S functions that call into a managed dll. So that means that you would need to wrap a dssenvironment call inside a managed dll and then call into that from the s function. Thus requiring one to make a COM wrapper on the C# dll.  I believe that we are making use of the RT workshop portion of Matlab to do this.

IIRC. Anyhow, when we get to that Point I can post our results.

Monday, January 5, 2009 2:19 PM
  • Hi:
         I try to make a com wrapper on the c# dll , after add a strong name to the dll.  I can use some functions of Matlab.
         It is very hopeful for academic study , the problem is the process speed.
         BTW, use S function to call into the MRDS environment is very interesting .
        THX
    mrds_july
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 11:47 AM
  • Hi Brian and cJuly,

what are your efforts doing in interfacing Matlab with MSRDS? I need this interface as well ...

Cheers, Tobias
    • Edited by deKiwi Thursday, April 9, 2009 11:12 AM missing info
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 10:58 AM