none
Close tasks to update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

when i use "Close tasks to update " where does it stores the data in the published +  Reporting database..!!?

any ideas.!!?

Thanks, Parth
    Friday, May 20, 2011 12:06 PM

All replies

• Closing tasks for update removes the tasks from the team member’s view in PWA and does not let the team member update the task. The task can still be reported on using the reporting database. They are stored in the same place as tasks that are not closed for update. I believe the property to filter on in the reporting database is MSP_EpmAssignment.AssignmentIsPublished.

Chris Boyd
    Program Manager
    Microsoft Project Team

Friday, May 20, 2011 3:24 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

but query returns the data with 1 only, even though i have closed few task they show as 1 only. Let me dig into it more!

and meanwhile if you have any idea on this please let me know.

Thanks, Parth
    Monday, May 23, 2011 5:18 AM
  • Close tasks to update does *not* remove from the task sheet in PWA  (you can only do this by unpublishing the task by setting Publish = No).  It is still there, it just doesn't let the user update it.  It appears with a little clipboard with lock indicator next to it in PWA.

Moreover there was a bug pre Feb 2010 CU that would give an error when a PM tried to set this property, even with the correct permissions.

The tasks and assignments that are closed to update are still in all the usual tables and views in all databases.

I don't see a field to report on this property in the Reporting database, but I believe the field in the Published database is MSP_ASSIGNMENTS.WASSN_LOCKDOWN_BY_MANAGER

Terrie T - MCTS - PMP - MBA****PMO & Project Server Admin
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 1:57 PM