What if I have not noted down the location of the disk before migrating it to managed disk and now I am unable to delete old disk as unable to locate RRS feed

• Question

• What if I have not noted down the location of the original disk before migrating unmanaged disk to managed disk and now I am unable to delete old (original) disk as unable to locate it in the azure portal > storage.

Please help !

Let me find the storage account and blob of original VHDs post migration.
    Sunday, July 22, 2018 7:11 AM

Answers

• I guess, I found the source (original) VHD location.

As we go to new VHD which is managed disk, it provides us the source location of old VHD which needs to be deleted as because "The original VHDs and the storage account used by the VM before conversion are not deleted. They continue to incur charges. To avoid being billed for these artifacts, delete the original VHD blobs after you verify that the conversion is complete."

• Marked as answer by Gaurav.Kariya Sunday, July 22, 2018 7:59 AM
    Sunday, July 22, 2018 7:59 AM

All replies

• I guess, I found the source (original) VHD location.

As we go to new VHD which is managed disk, it provides us the source location of old VHD which needs to be deleted as because "The original VHDs and the storage account used by the VM before conversion are not deleted. They continue to incur charges. To avoid being billed for these artifacts, delete the original VHD blobs after you verify that the conversion is complete."

• Marked as answer by Gaurav.Kariya Sunday, July 22, 2018 7:59 AM
    Sunday, July 22, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Thank you for sharing your solution and experience here. It will be greatly beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Sunday, July 22, 2018 1:01 PM