Silverlight loader issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are facing issue with loader which gets appeared while loading silvelright application. it always shows 0% and once XAP is downloaded it will load the silverligth application. Loader is not showing progress that how much percentage has been completed. Due to this issue user thinks that loading is stuck because user is continuously seeing the 0% until it downloads completely.

This problem is coming since when we enabled the compression at IIS.

Can you please suggest the solution.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:54 AM

Answers

• Hi KumarOchani,

Sorry for misunderstanding you situation.

Please refer to following example, the XapLoader will be displayed in the web browser. This XapLoader responsible for downloading the "XapContent.xap" file. Please check whether it is satisfied with your requirement.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/111334/Download-XAP-Packages-on-Demand-in-Silverlight

If any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hi KumarOchani,

As far as I know, enable the compression at IIS used to improve the network performance which will compresses the content that transferred between IIS and compression-enabled browsers. It means the XAP file will be compressed when it downloading to local machine and then decompresses it to loading on the page. This is why the loader will show 0% until it downloaded completed.

So if you still want to enable the compression at IIS, I suggest you create a custom loader which doesn't show the loading percentage. Following article introduce how to create a custom loader for Silverlight, hope it can help you.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/159848/Custom-Loader-Animations-in-Silverlight

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:59 AM
  • Hi Weiwei

Thanks for your reply. Link which you have given is for creating custom loader. But this custom loader is for showing on page but here I am talking about loader which is displayed by Silverlight framework automatically when it downloads the XAP. so it means we want to customize loader before showing main page.

Please let me know if you have any solution for it.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:07 AM
  • Hi KumarOchani,

Sorry for misunderstanding you situation.

Please refer to following example, the XapLoader will be displayed in the web browser. This XapLoader responsible for downloading the "XapContent.xap" file. Please check whether it is satisfied with your requirement.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/111334/Download-XAP-Packages-on-Demand-in-Silverlight

If any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, October 13, 2016 9:33 AM