Exception in the Batching Service RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to use the batching in Biztalk 2013, but I get this error:

xlang/s engine event log entry: Uncaught exception (see the 'inner exception' below) has suspended an instance of service 'Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BatchingOrchestration.BatchingService(2a16c595-614b-9563-c13f-ebd20e4a6154)'.
    The service instance will remain suspended until administratively resumed or terminated.
    If resumed the instance will continue from its last persisted state and may re-throw the same unexpected exception.
    InstanceId: 23c34168-f55a-448b-a86c-fc1e5eb58660
    Shape name: ThrowException
    ShapeId: e5bc25ec-3251-43bc-8212-702064126a89
    Exception thrown from: segment 24, progress 7
    Inner exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Exception type: NullReferenceException
    Source: Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BatchingOrchestration
    Target Site: Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.StopConditions segment24(Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.StopConditions)
    The following is a stack trace that identifies the location where the exception occured

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BatchingOrchestration.BatchingService.segment24(StopConditions stopOn)
       at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.SegmentScheduler.RunASegment(Segment s, StopConditions stopCond, Exception& exp)

I'm new to Biztalk and am out of ideas on how to fix this.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Mihir,

This error  "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" is due to your code in "ThrowException" shape. You're trying to use a object which is not been initialized. Check this code. 

Reason for your Orchestration code to go to "ThrowException" shape could be different. But the "Object reference not set to " error is due to the code with "ThrowException" shape. Check the code, initialized the object used in the code.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:05 AM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How are you batching the messages ? Is it at the pipeline or using orchestration ?

HTH,

Sumit

Sumit Verma - MCTS BizTalk 2006/2010 - Please indicate "Mark as Answer" or "Mark as Helpful" if this post has answered the question

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 4:37 AM
  • I create multiple EDI files, based on the limits of records per ST/SE.And I have a file receive loc setup to batch them together. This was the recommended approach here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/hh882451.aspx

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:16 PM
  • Hi Mihir,

This error  "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" is due to your code in "ThrowException" shape. You're trying to use a object which is not been initialized. Check this code. 

Reason for your Orchestration code to go to "ThrowException" shape could be different. But the "Object reference not set to " error is due to the code with "ThrowException" shape. Check the code, initialized the object used in the code.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:05 AM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:16 PM