Windows 8 Start Apps not starting up

Question

• Okay, so I am having problems with the start menu's metro apps on the Developer Preview of Windows 8, I click on them and the app starts and then it closes to a green screen, I click the green screen and it brings me back to the Windows Start Menu with all the metro app squares.

Does anyone know a way I can get this fixed?

Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:48 PM

All replies

• For Metro apps to work, you need the following:
    1) Screen resolution must be at least 1024x768
    2) User Account Control must be enabled. If you have disabled UAC, Metro apps will not work.

If you are using a Windows Live ID account, try using a Local account and see if you are able to get the Metro
    apps to work. 

Let us know if this helps.  

Marilyn
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 9:33 PM
  • Does anyone know a way I can get this fixed?

Do you have a bigger monitor?   FWIW I had this problem with Sudoku and apparently switching to a wider monitor was a sufficient workaround.   YMMV.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, November 24, 2011 10:53 PM
  • First thing I'd do is see what you did to corrupt the Start Screen Metro Apps.   What I recommend is open start screen --> locate command prompt -> right click to see the check mark in the corner..-> move to lower right corner -> left click advanced -> left clikc run as admin -> type SFC /scannow ->enter

let it see what all is corrupt and that should fix so your apps will run proper... most of the time Apps fail after u used some 3rd part software to modify  you version of Windows 8 8102... I recommend you use as M$ allowed you to install...

After u get Apps working... u can turn off UAC or run in Silent mode... and your apps will still work. Yes, as mentioned also your screen needs to be set higher than 800x600..

Friday, November 25, 2011 12:58 AM