VS2012 Update 2 CTP4 - Lightswitch HTML Go-Live Support RRS feed

• Question

• Since LightSwitch HTML is still a Client Preview even in VS 2010 Update 2 CTP4 I'm assuming there is no 'go-live' support.  What is the current recommendation in terms of upgrade support when VS2012 Update 2 (or even next) is deployed.  Will my LightSwitch HTML Client projects upgrade and still be supported?  I'm trying to determine whether we can start to do some 'production' scenarios with LightSwitch HTML Client or whether we should remain patient.
    Monday, March 11, 2013 6:48 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the question Aaron. As you pointed out CTP4 is not "Go-Live" and is a preview release. We have made changes in the runtime that is part of a project when it is created. Projects created in CTP4 will not have their runtime upgraded when you open them in the final release of VS Update 2. You will still be able to open and use those projects and replacing the runtime files is a fairly straightforward task since for HTML clients they are just javascript files. That said if you can wait for the final release of Update2 I would recommend doing so as it will save you some of that work.

Thanks,

Kris

Kris Langohr | Senior SDET | LightSwitch QA

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:28 PM