Excel Office Web Component Grid Auto Filter dialog box issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Microsoft Office Web Component Grid (OCW11.DLL) in my vb6 application. This excel web component grid does not showing Auto filter dialog box with only filtered values instead of that it showing all unique values present in the selected filter column but in Excel 2010 application auto filter dialog box showing only the filtered values in the selected filter column.

I presume, it may be drawback or limitation of the  excel web component grid. so i really appreciate if you provide any solution to display only filtered value in the auto filter dialogue box looks similiar to excel 2010 auto filter dialogue box using vba code or changing any property of the excel web component grid.

Please refer all the screenshots which i attached below to understand my question clearly.

Step 1 : Applied filter to display "RAM" record in Excel 2010.

Step 1

Step 2 : If i click the "Marks" column filter dropdown, it displaying filter dialog box with filtered value which already displaying in the screen.

Step 2

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 12:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Step 3 : Applied filter to display "RAM" record in Microsoft Office Web Component grid.

Step 4 : If i click the "Marks" column filter dropdown in Office web component grid, it displaying filter dialog box with all unique values which belongs to the Marks column. But Excel 2010 displaying filter dialog box with only filtered value which already displaying in the excel 2010 application. Refer the highlighted area in both screenshots.

I want to customize the Office web component grid to display only filtered value in the auto filter dialogue box looks similiar to excel 2010 auto filter dialogue box using vba code or by changing any property of the excel web component grid.

Step 3

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 12:02 PM
  • Hello Bala,

Starting in Office 2007, the OWC support was discontinued. Unfortunately, you may need to start migrating your solutions to another alternative, such as Office Web Applications. See Office Web Components Lifecycle for more information.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 1:15 PM
  • Hi Fei Xue,

First Thanks for your information.

We developed our application module by customizing OWC grid component using lot of vb macro code. so how to migrate our vb application which using OWC in Office Web Application.

And i have doubt whether Excel online application will support running macro in web.
    • Edited by Balaramji Monday, May 18, 2015 3:27 PM
    Sunday, May 17, 2015 11:04 AM