none
Microsoft Store Support RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir or Madam,

on my last tablets i staged with sysprep there's the following message

when i will start the Microsoft Store :

"This Windows version is no longer supported by Windows Store.

Download the latest version of Windows"

Is the support for Microseft Store end of life ?

Thanks alot,

Marcus

Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:54 PM

Answers

• I have not heard of any EOL Store support for Windows 8.1. You might want to check with your Microsoft distributor to see if they have any information.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:22 PM

All replies

• What version of Windows are you running?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:01 PM
  • windows 8.1 embedded industry pro
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:12 PM
  • I have not heard of any EOL Store support for Windows 8.1. You might want to check with your Microsoft distributor to see if they have any information.

Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:22 PM
  • Thank you very much Sean !

Greetings from germany,

Marcus

Friday, August 18, 2017 3:18 PM
  • In the guidelines for W8.1 it says "you cannot use the store." and that you should disable it using GPEDIT.

You did read those? 

It also says that you must disable OneDrive too.

I think I got the document from MYOEM or whatever it is called this week. Hopefully not MOO, that is unusable.

Could be design centre?

=^x^=

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 5:07 AM
  • The store still works. I had to use it for a customer project. If there are Microsoft license agreement restrictions, this is news to me.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:11 PM