none
Azure CDN for China

Question

• I would like to check if it makes any difference for me to setup azure cdn (east asia) to allow my customers to view my website which is hosted in Hong Kong; since azure cdn (once setup) should also be in the same region. 
    Friday, April 12, 2019 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Tony, 

Azure CDN is not a dedicated deployment. So when you create a profile in Azure, the config is pushed to all the POP servers which is spread'd across the globe. 

Whenever a request is made, based on client location nearest POP server will take the request and then from there it reaches origin for the first time via a fast link to Azure origin and then for the second request it responds from the cache. 

Regards, 

Msrini 

Friday, April 12, 2019 7:30 AM
  • Hi Msrini,

in that case, correct me if i am wrong.

if my customer is accessing my site from china, since my first origin is in east asia, the origin will take from east asia server. then for the second request through cache it will take from the nearest pop location, which in this case should be hong kong?

This is different from azure cdn for china?

regards,

tony 

Friday, April 12, 2019 8:21 AM
  • Hi Tony, 

The first request will also hit the nearest POP server but the POP server need to fetch that file from the origin for the first time. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Friday, April 12, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same.

Regards, 

Msrini

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:19 PM
  • Hi, 

Do you have an update for me?

Please 'Mark as answer' if any of the replies helped, so that others in the community who are looking for similar question, can benefit from it.

Regards, 

Msrini

Friday, April 26, 2019 6:18 AM