Authenticating DD EF Application RRS feed

• Question

• User1980140492 posted

Guys,

I'm trying to implement basic security into my ASP.NET Dynamic Data Entities Web Application, but I can't seem to get anything working.

I was wondering if there is any up to date documentation on this. I've seen Naughton's blogposts, but they are for Linq 2 SQL and I think not up to date with VS 2010 + .NET 4.0

I first created the ASP.NET Authentication tables like in Naughton's post here: http://csharpbits.notaclue.net/2008/06/dynamicdate-database-based-permissions_16.html
    I just started testing it with a new project from scratch, but I just can't get routed to the login.aspx page even though I have this ( also tried the commented part, but same result ):

<authentication mode="Forms">
            <!--<forms loginUrl="~/Login.aspx" protection="All" path="/"/>-->
            <forms loginUrl="Login.aspx"
               protection="All"
               timeout="30"
               name=".ASPXAUTH"
               path="/"
               requireSSL="false"
               slidingExpiration="true"
               defaultUrl="default.aspx"
               cookieless="UseDeviceProfile"
               enableCrossAppRedirects="false" />
          </authentication>
          <authorization>
            <deny users="?"/>
          </authorization>

I just want to achieve basic logging in. Once I have this I want to look at the role of the user and then allow them to see certain tables.

Thanks in advance,
    - Yannick

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:00 AM

Answers

• User-330204900 posted

Hi Yannick, try my solution here Securing Dynamic Data 4 (Replay) normal seurity does not work due to routing. trditional security work by securing the physical files this is circumvented by routing.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:41 AM