none
Port used by the smart client framework RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have an application which uses smart client framework and ClickOnce technology for client deployment and upgrades services.

We observed that smart client framework application uses UDP port ranging from 3000 – 65535 to communicate to the server. These port are belong selected randomly And the application is changing the port at a regular time.

There is a strange behavior which I encountered, the smart client framework application is using the UDP ports even if it blocked using the windows firewall rules.

Many of our customers want to restrict the smart client framework application to use some specific UDP port due to security reason, but they are not able to do that because it is using the Ports even if they are blocked. 

Can you suggest some way in the application is forced to use some specific Ports, And all other ports are blocked?

Regards

Amit 

Monday, March 27, 2017 1:14 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by smart client framework? I made a research about this, but I failed to find any information. I could find smart client, but it seems to be not related with Port. How did your application use UDP port and change it at a regular time?

It would be helpful if you could share us more information about your smart client framework.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:58 AM