none
Unable to manage VHD from ARM REST API

Question

• Hi,

I would like to manage VMs from the new ARM REST API. I do not have trouble to create or delete the VM.

However, I cannot find out how I can add or delete datadisks from the API.

According to the documentation (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/mt163683.aspx), I can only manage storage account, and I do not want to delete a storage account to delete a single vhd...

I have to use the REST API: Azure Powershell or Azure CLI do not fit my needs.

Do you have any tips for me to resolve my problem?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Louis

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 9:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Louis.dv,

Thanks for posting here.

As per my knowledge there is no Rest API to delete/add the datadisks using ARM rest API. However, we will update you at the earliest if there is any Azure ARM REST API docs are released.

Girish Prajwal

• Marked as answer by louis.dv Wednesday, August 19, 2015 1:05 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Louis.dv,

Thanks for posting here.

As per my knowledge there is no Rest API to delete/add the datadisks using ARM rest API. However, we will update you at the earliest if there is any Azure ARM REST API docs are released.

Girish Prajwal

• Marked as answer by louis.dv Wednesday, August 19, 2015 1:05 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:41 PM
  • Hi Girish,

Thanks for your answer!

I am a bit disappointed, we are able to manage VHD through the new portal, but not through the API... I hope this feature will be live soon.

Thanks for the information Girish.

Louis

PS: should I mark the question answered or should I wait for more information?

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:45 AM
  • Hi Louis.dv,

Since we cannot predict the release dates for the new features on ARM Rest API's and be available for public. I suggest you to mark as answered.

Girish Prajwal

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 11:00 AM