SAP Data binding error RRS feed

• Question

•  

My code is

SAPBinding binding = new SAPBinding();

binding.ReceiveTimeout = TimeSpan.MaxValue;

binding.SendTimeout = TimeSpan.MaxValue;

//set up an endpoint address

EndpointAddress address = new EndpointAddress("sap://CLIENT=800;LANG=EN;@Aserver/00");

try

{

ChannelFactory<IRequestChannel> factory = new ChannelFactory<IRequestChannel>(binding, address);

// add credentials

factory.Credentials.UserName.UserName = "ssss";

factory.Credentials.UserName.Password = "88888";

// Open client

factory.Open();

//get a channel from the factory

IRequestChannel irc = factory.CreateChannel();

//open the channel

irc.Open();

//create an XML message to send to the SAP system

//We are performing the SD_RFC_CUSTOMER_GET operation.

//The XML below specifies that we want to search for customers with names starting with "AB"

string inputXml = "<RFC_READ_TABLE xmlns=\"http://Microsoft.LobServices.Sap/2007/03/Rfc/\"><DELIMITER></DELIMITER> <NO_DATA></NO_DATA> <QUERY_TABLE>K*</QUERY_TABLE> <ROWCOUNT>10</ROWCOUNT><ROWSKIPS>0</ROWSKIPS> <DATA></DATA> <FIELDS></FIELDS><OPTIONS></OPTIONS></RFC_READ_TABLE>";

//create an XML reader from the input XML

XmlReader reader = XmlReader.Create(new MemoryStream(Encoding.Default.GetBytes(inputXml)));

//create a WCF message from our XML reader

Message inputMessge = Message.CreateMessage(MessageVersion.Soap11, "http://Microsoft.LobServices.Sap/2007/03/Rfc/RFC_READ_TABLE", reader);

//send the message to SAP and obtain a reply

Message replyMessage = irc.Request(inputMessge);

//create a new XML document

XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();

//load the XML document with the XML reader from the output message received from SAP

doc.Load(replyMessage.GetReaderAtBodyContents());

//write the output XML to a file C:\\out.xml

doc.Save("D:\\WSDL\\readtab.xml");

//close the channel

irc.Close();

//close the factory

factory.Close();

exception

Details: ErrorCode=RFC_EXCEPTION. ErrorGroup=RFC_ERROR_APPLICATION_EXCEPTION. SapErrorMessage=TABLE_NOT_AVAILABLE. AdapterErrorMessage=Error returned by RfcCallReceiveEx while calling RFC: RFC_READ_TABLE..

i don't know how to pass the input XML with integer data type

Any help is appreciated
    Monday, December 17, 2007 2:43 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure if we can help you here, since your query is specific to a RFC in SAP. You would need to consult your SAP consultant, or go through the SAP documentation, in order to determine the appropriate parameters to be passed to the RFC_READ_TABLE RFC.

Off the top of my head, I see that you are passing in K* as input to the QUERY_TABLE parameter in the RFC. I think you need to give the name of a specific table here - wild cards wont work. You might try using the XML below:

string inputXml = "<RFC_READ_TABLE xmlns=\"http://Microsoft.LobServices.Sap/2007/03/Rfc/\"><QUERY_TABLE>BSEG</QUERY_TABLE> <ROWCOUNT>10</ROWCOUNT><DATA /></RFC_READ_TABLE>";

The above XML will return the first 10 rows of the BSEG table.

Monday, December 17, 2007 3:28 PM
  • Mustansir,

You are right, if I give the complete name it works, thanks a lot

Thanks again, u've been a gr8 help.

Taruna

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:51 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure if we can help you here, since your query is specific to a RFC in SAP. You would need to consult your SAP consultant, or go through the SAP documentation, in order to determine the appropriate parameters to be passed to the RFC_READ_TABLE RFC.

Off the top of my head, I see that you are passing in K* as input to the QUERY_TABLE parameter in the RFC. I think you need to give the name of a specific table here - wild cards wont work. You might try using the XML below:

string inputXml = "<RFC_READ_TABLE xmlns=\"http://Microsoft.LobServices.Sap/2007/03/Rfc/\"><QUERY_TABLE>BSEG</QUERY_TABLE> <ROWCOUNT>10</ROWCOUNT><DATA /></RFC_READ_TABLE>";

The above XML will return the first 10 rows of the BSEG table.

Monday, December 17, 2007 3:28 PM
  • Mustansir,

You are right, if I give the complete name it works, thanks a lot

Thanks again, u've been a gr8 help.

Taruna

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:51 AM