none
Running Powershell script via PHP and IIS RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently migrating from Domino to Exchange 2016. In order to allow the helpdesk to create new users during the migration I've built a server and host PHP pages on IIS. One of the web pages allows a new user to be created by calling a Powershell script via the PHP exec command and it automatically sets up the user to forward to the other mail server until they are migrated.

Authentication is set to basic and I can successfully create a new user on an OU I have full access to, but on another OU I don't have full access and the script fails with 'access denied'. The strange thing is if I use Exchange Powershell in the standard way on the same server I can create the user. So is there anything that gets elevated running the native Powershell client versus running a script through PHP?

• Moved by Manu Meng Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:11 AM relocate
    Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:19 PM

All replies

• Hi DPFY,

Welcome to the Exchange Server forum. This forum is for questions and feedback related to Exchange server. Based on your description, I think your question is more related to development, I'll move it to a more appropriate forum:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=exchangesvrdevelopment

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:10 AM