Form maximum length RRS feed

• Question

• My form length is currently 1040 which when run displays as 870 and I use the verticle scroll bar to access the the boxes not displayed. I need more however, let's just say 1140 in length, but when I type that number into the 'size height' it only goes to 1044. Is there a way for my form to be the length that I need?

Thanks, rmcabc

RMCABC
    Monday, May 16, 2011 1:44 PM

Answers

• AFAIK, no.

Further, IMHO, in creating forms where the user has to scroll to see the entire content (meaning the user cannot see the entire form at once) is a violation of basic GUI design principles. Asking the user to scroll up and down to see different parts of the form will get annoying quickly.

In your situation, using tabs or multiple forms to provide the user a more convenient way to see what needs to be displayed would provide a better user experience.

• Marked as answer by RMCABC Monday, May 16, 2011 1:59 PM
    Monday, May 16, 2011 1:55 PM

All replies

• AFAIK, no.

Further, IMHO, in creating forms where the user has to scroll to see the entire content (meaning the user cannot see the entire form at once) is a violation of basic GUI design principles. Asking the user to scroll up and down to see different parts of the form will get annoying quickly.

In your situation, using tabs or multiple forms to provide the user a more convenient way to see what needs to be displayed would provide a better user experience.

• Marked as answer by RMCABC Monday, May 16, 2011 1:59 PM
    Monday, May 16, 2011 1:55 PM
  • I was afraid of that. Thanks for the reply. Right now I'll have to live with the scroll bar so I'll make my boxes a little smaller. I had thought of adding code so taht when the user tabs or enters to the last box on the form that it opens a continuation form for the same subject.  rmcabc
    RMCABC
    Monday, May 16, 2011 2:03 PM